Sunday 23 June 2013

Dependence

So, the rains came to India. Thank god my city didn't get the kind of damage that Uttarakand got. People are stranded, dead and lost. Hope they can find their way back to home.

Of course I was stranded without technology. The rains stopped my internett. We couldn't even call MTNL since nobody would be available when they came. The driver had an emergency at home. Finally I complained to my parents and we lodged a complaint with MTNL. The driver came, and so did MTNL. They repaired a cable the next day. Voila! Interest restored. I still had internet on my phone but my parents' iPad isn't my laptop.

We are really dependent on our technology and gadgets. We taught my grandmother how to play to solitaire, and mahjong on the computer. She has an email account and actually send an e-card to people. Its very interesting to watch her handle these things which I have done for many years. Hope technology doesn't take over us humans like it did in Terminator 3. God well us if that ever happens.

So, its my parents anniversary today. They don't really celebrate it. Once in a blue moon, they will celebrate it the big way, but otherwise it's a normal day. That's the nice thing about my parents. They don't make a big of things. I wish I was as smart as they were at my age. Sometimes, I feel like I'm letting them down. Even though they don't make me feel that way, but I make myself feel that. I need to boost my self-esteem. Any suggestions? Oh well, I'll just Google them.

No comments:

Post a Comment