Wednesday 24 July 2013

Cooking Experiment

So, we had a cooking experiment yesterday.

My father saw his article "The house on Serpentine Street" in The Mint. The author remember recipes of Ramzan from his childhood. The author takes the recipe from Andaleeb Wajid's blog. The post is called This ain’t no pepper fry! The recipe is about Phaal. 

My family and I are big foodies. So my mother decided to have another cooking lesson for me. 
Yipee
I like eating not cooking.

Anyways, she made some changes in the recipe. So the onions, tomatoes and coriander were put in the mixer together. The oil was placed in the pan, then the chicken was placed. Then the garam masala, ginger paste, salt and the entire contents of the mixer. All that in a pressure cooker with five whistles. After the second whistle, the heat was decreased. 

Dinner time came. The gravy was too thin and not enough salt. The less salt didn't bother me but I like thick gravy. The salt wasn't my fault but the thin gravy was my fault. If I had checked on it, I would have found it and cooked it longer for the gravy to thicken and then the less salt wouldn't have been noticeable.

Anyways, today was a good day. I listed all the corrections of a manuscript and I still have more to write tomorrow. Good god. The author wrote so many freaking long sentences. I talking about 7 to 8 lines long.

Overall, it was a nice day. Let's see what happens next in my life. 


P.S. I know you people are reading my blog, please comment. Just a small one

No comments:

Post a Comment