Tuesday 6 October 2015

Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair Pasta

My dad wanted me to learn cooking since I am unemployed and since it is a life skill. So I googled recipes and then bought the ingredients with my dad. He said he didn't mind driving me to the market since it was no trouble. So I decided to cooked Chicken Puttanesca with Angel Hair Pasta.

8 ounces angel hair pasta
2 teaspoon olive oil
4 (6 ounces) boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pasta sauce
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1 teaspoon capers 
1/4 teaspoon red pepper crushed
1/4 (1 ounce) Parmesan cheese
Basil or basil springs

Cook the paste according to the package. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken into 1 inch pieces. Add chicken to pan, sprinkle evenly with salt. Cook chicken for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta sauce, olives, capers and pepper. Bring to simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is done with stirring frequently. Garnish with basil or basil springs and Parmesan cheese.

As an Indian, chicken without masala tasted weird. So my mom suggested we pressure cook the chicken for 1 whistle. Then cut the chicken into pieces and cook the other components. And leave the peppers or cut into smaller pieces.

Since I had cooked so much pasta, there was left over cooked pasta. The next day I cooked tomatoes in butter. Added tiny pieces of pepper (capsicum), salt, water, and of course masalas and let it cook. This version was much better prepared. I am proud that I was able to cook something other than maggi and egggs.

By the way, I found the recipe on the Cooking Light webstie (http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/easy-chicken-recipes/chicken-puttanesca-with-angel-hair-pasta-recipe) and it was suppose to look like this:



But of course it didn't. But they never do, do they. C'est la vie. Let's hope the next recipe turns out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment